Monday, March 16, 2009

Some Catching Up

Wow, so it's been a while since I blogged. Sorry - for those of you that read this and actually want to know what's going on. I had pictures ready to go for another post after the Maddie one, but I was overcome by the evil sinus infection that I've been fighting for a month. It's all good now, I've got antibiotic horse pills. I guess that means I'll kinda do two posts in one.
So what's happened in the last week and a half? Officially, basketball season ended last Tuesday and Wednesday. And I haven't really gotten much knitting done, the illness kinda took over for a few days there, as well as the basketball.

Before the last post I had the Ireland socks done. They're amazing and I can't wait to wear them tomorrow (BTW, I've figured out how to guarantee nice weather in March, knit a bunch of woolen things for a specific day, and it'll end up being 60 degrees, like they're predicting for tomorrow).

You saw the state of Kaylee's sweater last time (bad kitty!), and last night, I FINALLY sewed in the ends to finish it while watching TAR (SPOILER, but not about the outcome of the episode - Phil in his skivvies!). Yay it's done! I have to admit that I got to the point where I really really really didn't want to knit it anymore. And then when I forced myself to, there was a bump, but I kept going, I resisted the urge to rip, as I usually would, and just kept knitting. And it's adorable.

Granted Miss Kaylee probably won't get to wear it tomorrow, maybe next year I'll knit her a (eek!) cotton one, and it'll snow. I can't win.

That officially concludes our green knitting season for 2009! Onto other stuff. As soon as I was done with the Ireland Socks, I cast on for a new pair. It's the Interlocking Leaves pattern from the fall Knitty, in some Smooshy called "November Muse". Once again, I'm a bit in love with the Smooshy. It's working so amazing perfectly with the pattern. So here was the sock for the last post:

And here it is now:

It grew a bit in the interim. I'm about to turn the heel, if that gives you any idea as to where I'm at, for you knitting muggles, that means I've basically got the foot done. A close up on the pattern:

Gives you an idea of the color too. It's mostly a russet-y brown, with little splashes of purple and orange and green and red - just beautiful.

I started another quick little project before the last post, some Mitered Mittens by Elizabeth Zimmermann using my handspun.

Of course, they've since been finished (a really quick easy and fun knit). And I love how the handspun looks, this is the first use of wheel spun handspun for me! And they're perfect!Finally, this weekend I picked up the long neglected November Ruffle. After a misstep (the cord on my needle popped right out of the metal end), I got the last few inches of stockinette done, and last night I started the ruffle. Big excitement! 15 inches is A LOT of stockinette. And now that there are more than 300 stitches it's A LOT of stitches. But it's easy knitting for the rest of the way so it should go quickly.See the nice black and white blob?! Hard to tell that the knitting is going around 3 sides.

If you look close enough, you can see the difference. Mostly because the ruffle gets knit in with a bigger needle. Yay! I'll have it done just in time for the warm weather!

No comments: