Alright, so I made a major gaff with my pretty little Caricia shawl. Somehow, in my eagerness to get started, I neglected to read the part of the pattern that tells you you're supposed to continue with a center stitch throughout the pattern. Yeah. Um. 11 repeats later, I looked at a picture of it on Ravelry (because it's not like I hadn't looked at the pictures before or you know, the one that's on the printed directions like 20 times or anything...) and it hit me.
My shawl didn't have the center stitch that I was seeing in the one I was looking at. Huh. So, the Caricia is on time out for a little while.
I went to KotS yesterday (I know, I wasn't supposed to buy any yarn, I know) so that I could buy yarn to make a shawl that would be eligible for the shawl challenge (yarn had to be purchased there after 2/15, and I haven't been there in much longer so I had to buy some so my shawl could be eligible). See how I justify myself? Yeah, anyway, I got some lovely alpaca/silk yarn in a pretty lavender, and you'll see it some other time, because I don't have my camera with me (yes, I'm blogging at work, baseball just left, so I'm technically off the clock, just haven't left yet, I'm delaying it because I'm still sore from the Matrix yesterday and so the gym is not so appealing right now).
Anyways, it's the Laminaria shawl, and I'm adding beads - because a little bling makes it so much prettier. And because the center stitch (I'm having serious issues with the center stitch this week) was all wonky when I was just knitting it, so I decided to bead it, and that made it better. This shawl has got all kind of crazy stitches in it - crazy like what was 3 stitches becomes 9 stitches. Hahahaha. Crazy knitters.
Alright, enough stalling, I think that there is an elliptical calling my name.
No comments:
Post a Comment