Friday, April 16, 2010

Lots of knitting type stuff

Alright, onto knitting. Things have been kind of nutso around here, so I feel like there hasn't been much done to show. Tommy came home for a very quick stay last weekend and there's been a sporting event every night for the last two weeks. Tomorrow is Hell Day (aka the Big Evil Horrible Track Meet of Doom, aka the worst day of my year), we'll see how it goes.

So, I nearly finished the Atlantis socks on the NC trip. Was part way through the ribbing before it go too dark to knit anymore in the car. So they got finished the next day.
I really like how they turned out. Wow, my ankles look skinny in that photo. Huh.
The detail, is kind of hard to see, but I think it works really well with the colors. I almost finished the Caricia shawl on the trip too. Had started the final repeat while watching some Final Four basketball with the Prints.
It's done now, just needs grafted and blocked. Hopefully I'll do that Sunday, if I have the time and inclination after Miss Aubrey's birthday party (seriously can't believe that she's 1 already).

Onto some recent acquisitions. In honor of our trip to DC, I got Ellie and I some special yarn:
Colorway is "National Cherry Blossom Festival", from Destination Yarns. Seriously so pretty. Now to figure out what to make with it.

And remember that sweet little Irish doll I made for Kaylee? Well, it won a big huge prize over in a competition on Ravelry, and the prizes have started to roll in.
2 skeins of some very lovely Irish wool, a book of short stories, some nice soap and a skein of handspun inspired by the scenery of Northern Ireland.
Pretty sweet. More stuff will be coming in shortly, as a bunch of the prizes were gift vouchers and I had to pick what I wanted.
I ordered those 3 skeins to go with some other yarn that hasn't come in yet for a particular shawl, well, it'll end up being several shawls, but details get in the way. It's DROPS Delight, and I can't wait to see how it works up.

I started another sock, a re-do. I tried the same yarn/pattern combo when the pattern first came out a couple of years ago but it was too small. This time is much better.
Spring Forward from Knitty, with Lorna's Laces in "Somerset" purchased way back on my trip to Philly in '08. It's going with me to the track meet tomorrow.

Last up, I'm in the planning phase of a big shawl. Trying to figure out which beads to order and what not.
That's the swatch, with 4 different beads on it. Currently the blue ones are my favorite, but I can't really say why.

I think that's about it. I'm not very interesting this week. Wish me luck with surviving tomorrow, or maybe just not ending up in a straight jacket.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Thanks for sharing that Cherry Blossom yarn -- love it!