
Sarah is dancing and beating the drum there - so cute. And then we trekked off for a ride on the paddle boats.

Ellie is an amazing rock climber we learned. Who knew?
Bushkill Falls, is known as the Niagara of Pennsylvania, and has 8 waterfalls. We took the 2 mile trek into and then out of the gorge to see all of them.


And Mom was content to commune with nature for a bit longer than we were.
We drove back to the house in time to meet the Perryites when they arrived. We took a walk to the playground that evening and kind of just took it easy. Tuesday morning we set out for the Delaware Water Gap and a trolley ride.




Wednesday came, and Ellie and I set out for a whitewater adventure on that deadly Delaware. Ha. I don't have any pictures, because I thought that it would be a "whitewater" adventure so we only had the underwater camera with us. In fact, it turned out to be a 6 mile paddling adventure. It was pretty, but a lot of work.
So Thursday, we set out for my old home - Jim Thorpe. And a ride on the Lehigh Gorge Scenic Railway.




Mom took most of the pictures on her camera (as I only had a small memory card), so I won't show you much of the "scenic" parts. Just the kids.
My personal favorite view of the Jim Thorpe. I miss seeing that every day - I've found that I'm definitely a mountain person, they're just so beautiful.Friday morning, Ellie and I lazed at the house a bit while everyone else went to the beach (in hopes of wearing out the kids a bit before their drive home), and we met up with them after a while.

After the kiddos left, we eventually made our way to Hickory Run State Park (which was basically just over the main street from us) for another hike to another waterfall.
As Ellie demonstrates here. But we kept going, and found the real Hawk Falls.
And then we managed to use the rock ledges for a group shot. Rhododendrons were everywhere!
Mom kept saying that it must be amazing when they're in bloom, and I have to agree. Just walking through this secluded path would be beautiful.
And then we found the bottom of the falls.The amazing thing about this vacation - we managed to get a whole bunch of pictures of Mom - we never get pictures of Mom!
The area had so many beautiful forests with amazing rock cliffs and formations, I kept wanting to take pictures of the cliffs with the ferns and lichen and rhododendrons, but managed to control the urge mostly.After the falls, I talked Mom and Ellie into finding the Boulder Field which is in another part of the park.
They weren't real enthused at first, but once we got there, they both agreed it was pretty cool. It's hard to get a sense of the size of it all, until you're there hopping from rock to rock.
We didn't venture out too far, and I can't imagine going all the way across, but I'm sure people have.



Seriously, a lot of boulders, and it was really cool.Afterwards, we went to dinner and then just chilled at the house. Saturday morning we packed up and cleaned out and headed off, Ellie and I to Ohio, and Mom to NJ. A very good vacation, that was very much needed. The depressing part? It's another year before I get another one.
No comments:
Post a Comment