Monday, October 11, 2010

Fully Fall

So it's really and truly Fall now. It really feels like we're into it now. It was really chilly and rainy for about a week, and then we had some gorgeous weather this weekend. Fingers crossed that it stays mostly nice for a little while. I went for a quick walk in the woods yesterday, but didn't take any pictures to show you, maybe later this week.

So the Meet of Doom went smoother than I thought it would - only a few little problems. And then the football team managed to win the Homecoming game (the soccer teams split the day - boys won, girls lost). But then this weekend - on our very long trip - the football team did kind of badly. And I had to send a kid in the ambulance - broken arm. Boo. Seeding meetings are happening this week - so playoffs are right around the corner for everything except football. And I have my very first hockey game of the season (joy!) on Friday night. I can't believe we're at that point already.

I've been knitting away - the cold season is approaching so I feel like I should be going faster somehow - and making progress. The Corrie Vest is coming along:
I'm onto the increases. Though I'm worried that I misread the directions and didn't make it long enough before starting the decreases. But it will work out. I'm tweaking a little, and then if I have to, I'll knit a few extra straight rounds before starting the steeks (eek!) But I'm loving how it's looking.

And then I got an awesome birthday gift from knitting pal Meagan - a skein of Wollmeise - in Gryffindor scarlet and gold. So I started some socks. And then ripped them out because the pattern on the sock wasn't working with the striping of the yarn. And then started these:
Circle Socks. Which I've done before (Vacation Socks of '09). And got half the leg plus the heel/gusset to where it's at on the never-ending bus ride this weekend. The picture makes it look really red and orange, but I promise it's red and yellow.
This ones a little better, but still not true. Oh well, they're pretty cool looking.

And then, because I'm just that crazy, I signed up for a test knit. I couldn't help myself, it's such a pretty shawl, and I had the perfect yarn already on hand... whatever, I fell down the rabbit hole.
But see? It's pretty right? And goes pretty quickly once I'm into it. I started it on different sized needles and hated how it was looking, so on Wednesday, I ripped it out, and re-started. I've been doing a bunch of ripping this month apparently. And once again, I'm a sucker for leaves appearing in my knitting. You'll see more of this soon, it's got to be done by November 1.

Saturday evening - after the really long bus ride that followed the really terrible football game - I let myself start a new sweater. The pattern is called Pink - but I'm not using pink yarn.
Isn't that an awesome black blob? It too was started on different needles (I hate when swatches lie to me) and then ripped and re-started yesterday - really over this theme for the month. And that's where it's at - about halfway through the raglan increases. Once you get through all the increases, you join it for going in the round, and it ends up having a v-neck. It's going to continue looking like a big black blob for a while, but there's another color that will come in to play later. It's going to be awesome.

I took some time this week to play with beads and a crochet hook too.
That's one of the results. I actually made 3 different necklaces - but haven't taken pictures of the other 2. I wore one of them this week, and it was a huge hit, so I'll be making more for sure. Place your orders for Christmas now.

And then, that amazing knitting pal of mine Meagan, gave me my Christmas gift too. Well, I just happened to be at her house when it arrived in the mail.
That is one amazingly beautiful and ginormous skein of Wollmeise lace. OMG. It is going to become a sweater. You know, after the holidays, when I have more time. Ha! For now, I just pull it out of the bag (which is awesome - it's got the German translations for knitting terms all over it!) for petting every so often. It really is so beautiful.

I think that's about it for me. Catch ya later.

1 comment:

Natalie Rush said...

Ok...first off all your projects are gorgeous!! Next that skein of lace is beautiful!! and last I love fall! Football and cool weather! YAY!