Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Another FO... and a new project

Yippee! I finished the socks for Peggy last night!! Woohoo! And guess what came in the mail yesterday? Pretty yarn for the Baby Jersey blanket. So, of course I had to start work on the blanket last night. I think that's a rule in knitting isn't it? Any new yarn you receive in the mail must be played with the day you receive it? Something like that I'm sure. Not completely in love with the way that the pattern is looking so far. When I switch from knitting to purling in the same row, the K stitch next to the P stitch tends to be huge and stretched out, and it makes me very angry. I may have to attempt the entire basket weave blanket in Annie Modesitt's preferred style. Supposedly when you do it her way, that wonky knit stitch doesn't happen. I don't know, hate to rip it out. We'll see. (I would post some photos - but blogger doesn't seem to want to open that box for me, so maybe later.)

No comments: