And then when I went out to assess the amount of damage done to my training room in my absence the next day, I learned that none of my supplies had been ordered. Even though I left a long and detailed note about how and when to do it for the person who was supposed to do it. Yikes. So I was told to go ahead and place the order. And here's how the conversation went form there :
Me - Do I need a purchasing order or an account number or need to talk to someone who handles the money at all?
Him - No.
Me - Is there anything that you can tell me about what I should/need to do?
Him - No.
So the next day, I track down the company people and get my reduced price bill from them and find out from the wonderful school secretary, that I do in fact, need a purchasing number. But of course, by the time I had gotten all this info, the nice lady in the business office had already left for the weekend. So I'm hoping that Monday is a better day. That next week is a better week. I mean, it has to be. There are only...4 days until football starts !!! As all the kids felt necessary to remind me every time they saw me walking across campus to fetch faxes and have useless conversations. That's right, FOUR days. Can you smell the smell? You know the one that is uniquely football? It's mud, sweat, pigskin, and old pads. Mmmmm, nothing like the smell of mildewy pads in the morning.
So, in all my crankiness and excitement over Harry Potter, I forgot to mention that my first ever order from Knitpicks came on Saturday. Sadly, it was incomplete, so that took a bit of the excitement away. But in the box was some of the yarn for Baby Mason's blanket, a set of US 0 DPN's, and Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Workshop. All of their books were 40% off and I so want to try the baby surprise jacket. And then in random web wanderings the other day, a LYS that I have yet to make it out to, has a class in September on the baby surprise jacket. So I may sign up and get it done there. Yay.
In other knitting news, I have almost gotten back to the point of THE FROG, in the Peapod. Finished the second pattern repeat yesterday. Here's what it looks like so far.

And here's how far I've gotten on my Jaywalker socks. They're done in Lorna's Laces in the special anniversary colorway for SimplySockYarn.com. LOVING them so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment