Tommy came home last Wednesday night. Last weekend, I went down to States for the baseball game. It was a heartbreaker. Up 4-3 going into the bottom of the 7th, and the guys lost 5-4. It was very sad, and disappointing, but there's always next year - as any Cleveland sports fan knows.
On my way home on Saturday, I had a bit of car trouble. A new light started blinking. We all know how much I love to see an odd light on in my dashboard. It was the "Check Transaxle" light. So I called home from a rest area and was told to add transmission fluid. Okay. Mile and a half down the highway is the first exit. Okay. Four different gas stations. Okay. The Shell has transmission fluid. Okay.
And an hour and a half later, the fluid was finally added. I won't go into the details. It would take too long. I just have to say thank goodness for Steve at the tractor/riding lawn mower service station who came to my rescue.
Saturday was Mom's birthday, so we went out to dinner at Smoky Bones and then had ice cream cake. Had a cookout on Sunday and Tuesday nights so people could come over and spend some time with Tommy.
Yesterday, I went to the Riverfront Irish Fest with Bridget Chris and Kaylee. No pictures - I took my camera, but managed to forget my memory card. But it was good to get out for some Guinness and good music. Can't wait for Berea.
And now for the lackluster knitting content. I finally managed to finish plying up the "Mother of Pearl" roving. Here it is.

270 yards of fingering weight-ish yarn. I haven't done the wraps/inch so I'm not entirely sure on the weight yet.At some point in the last couple of weeks, I managed to finish spinning up the first 2 oz. of the "Wander" Corriedale roving. This is what it looks like.

I prepped the second half of the roving today, and now just need to wait until it's cool enough so I don't felt it while spinning.And here's the only knitting progress I've got to show. I've passed the heels on the Noro socks.
See, no longer Hokie like. Alright, that's it. Just wanted to drop a note in case anyone was worried.
2 comments:
*swoon* love the yarn! you do so well on the drop spindle. I don't fault you for the blogglessness -- new word! did you see how long it has been since my last post of substance? Blogless brother needs to understand how much work actually goes into blogging. Good blogging requires lots o' luv. See you at the next meetup hopefully!
Car troubles are the worst...
Your spinning looks fabulous, as usual!
Thanks for the colorway suggestion! A gettysburg yarn could be really interesting... hmm... oh and I entered you into the contest!
Post a Comment