Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Visual Progress

Amazing. I have knitting stuff to show. And in showing it, I feel like I've actually gotten something done. Granted, no finished objects, but getting very close. As proof... the FLS.
OMG! It's seriously almost done. Just a sleeve left to knit. Then ends to weave in and buttons sewed on, and voila! Yay! And I love it! I mean, what's not to love? It's so friggin cute. Cute enough that my sister is contemplating a step up in her knitting know-how just to knit it!!! So go over to her blog, and leave a comment encouraging her to knit this sweater - or at least to learn how to increase and decrease.

So, I should have a new sweater by the end of the week! Very exciting, and not the only knitting I've gotten done either! What?!? I know... it's crazy! I started a sock (gasp) last week because it felt weird to have not knitted on a sock in a month. And I got through the heel last night, which means it's smooth sailing from here on out, and this sock should also be finished by the end of the week.
See what happens when my schedule goes back to normal? And my stress level returns to it's elevated state which in turn has me knitting more to keep me sane? The pattern for the sock is the Master Upstream pattern from New Pathways for Sock Knitters, being knit with Trekking XXL in colorway 100. Very fun. And that's about all the excitement in my life.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Dude. I will not submit to peer pressure! You cannot force me to learn to increase and decrease. One day, when I'm a real knitter, I'll be able to move up and down. For now I'm content going back and forth in a straight line. But, I am considering giving in.

Sourire11 said...

Thanks for the congratulations!

Your FLS is seriously adorable.