Monday I cast on for my socks. I'm using some Fleece Artist Trail Socks in Ireland and the Annetrelac pattern that was in the 2007 Holiday edition of Interweave Knits. OMG. Seriously, this pattern is like crack for knitters. At least, the knitter that is me.
I couldn't seem to stop, just one more tier... I mean, look at it. You see why I just need a little hit right? This is my first attempt at entrelac, the wonderful knitting technique that makes the fabric appear woven. So cool. Yesterday though, I forced myself to cast on for the sweater for Kaylee. I figured that bigger needles would give my hands a break, and that I would be able to prove that I could overcome my need for the entre-crack.
But then I couldn't stop on the sweater. I just wanted to keep going, see more of the cable, make sure that it was looking like a sweater... Oh the things I tell myself to justify my obsessions. It's going to be a seriously cute sweater, which is good, because my god-daughter is a seriously cute little Irish girl. Let's just hope that the weather cooperates and she can wear the sweater on St. Pat's. For those interested, I'm using some Swish DK from KnitPicks, in Asparagus.
Alright, enough of the green, you'll see more of that in the next few weeks. I've got some FO's to show off. First, the Herringbone Rib Socks.
Not the best picture I know, but when you have a sunny, 60 degree day in February in NE Ohio, you take the picture when you can. Wore them Tuesday so everyone could fawn over them at group. And they did. They're very comfy. And look great with jeans. And did I mention that I got the yarn for 50% off? Makes me love them more.
Up next is that little secret knit you heard almost nothing about. It was the "Ribbed Baby Jacket" (free on Ravelry) for a friend's baby shower on Sunday. So cute, and easy. Will probably make another, possible for a little girl who's on her way...


I love that picture for scale. I knit the 3-6 month size out of some cream colored Cascade 220 Superwash, added a wooden button, and voila! The baby's sex is unknown, so I tried to make it as gender neutral as possible, but still cute.
In case you hadn't figured it out yet, I survived my crazy work schedule this past weekend. I lost my voice on Friday (and it's still not 100% back yet) while sitting in the rinks until 12 am. That's right. When I went out to my car, which displays in military time, it read 00:08. Freaked me out. Was back at work at 12 pm on Saturday, had a 45 minute break between the end of the girls games and when I had to be back for the boys games. It was fun. I then stayed up entirely too late trying to make another gift for the shower, it didn't work.
I had gotten an idea from a scrapbooking magazine that makes a photo album into a scrapbook, and it didn't work. It's sitting on the craft table unfinished, and cracked open to 60 degrees. Can't close it more than that without ruining more of the binding. Oh well, I'll try to do something else before the baby comes in April.
I'm thinking that all the late nights aren't helping my recovery. After the shower, I went out to visit my nephews. Let me amend that, I went to play with my nephews. Constant motion and entertainment is a requirement at their ages. So I have some shamelessly cute kid pictures to share.
Mason, it's becoming apparent, is a bit of a hellion. He's sneaky though, he's so mellow and quiet, he lulls you into a sense that he's a sweet angel, and then he's doing something he knows he's not supposed to, smiling at you as you repeatedly tell him no. Sneaky I tell you. Too cute to get mad at though.

This was the only semi-decent picture I got of Elliott. He didn't have a nap, so this picture is a bit more representative of his behavior.
Kid has got some lungs, let me tell you. Alright, I'm off for another hit of entre-crack...
Kid has got some lungs, let me tell you. Alright, I'm off for another hit of entre-crack...
2 comments:
Lovely, lovely, lovely...socks, sweater, everything.
--Paula
Love the socks and sweater--also the new irish look of your blog!
Post a Comment