No real news to blog about. Just felt like dropping in for a post. Work is busy. Tomorrow is going to be rough. Football game in West Virginia. Yeah, a whole other state. Boo. Supposedly, a trip that in a car going the speed limit would take 2.5 hours, is going to take the caravan of school buses nearly 4. FOUR hours. Right. Eight hours in a school bus with high school football players for a three hour game. Good times.
Of course I'm taking my knitting - it will be the only thing to keep me sane. And I need to go to the library and get an audio book. And charge my MP3 player, and pray that the battery doesn't crap out on me halfway there (it likes to "re-build" its library, which totally eats up half the battery). And a whole list of other things to do/get/put together before the bus leaves, at 7 am tomorrow. Have I mentioned that I love my job?
Anyway, onto things that don't involve whining. The prime knitting project for the bus tomorrow will be this:

Another
Baktus scarf. What? Annie is knitting a scarf? Wait she finished one not that long ago and she's doing another one now? Craziness I know. But honestly, this is one of the simplest patterns ever, and it looks cool. All European and what not. And, this yarn, purchased off of Etsy because the skein was just too cool not to buy, is a loosely spun 2-ply fingering weight. Translated into English = not durable enough for socks, or mitts. So a scarf it is.
Doesn't look like much in the photo, but the needle is too short to stretch it out width wise. It's actually 23 inches long as of right now, which means it's close to being halfway done. Which means that I'll probably be able to crank it out on the bus. The only real question - will it be done before the bus ride is over? And if it is, what other knitting can I take with me? Dilemma. Here's a better pic of the colors of the yarn, which is actually really really neat.

Knitting on the second mitten has also progressed. About as far as it can go actually. I'm out of the green yarn. Waiting on the
KnitPicks box to get here to continue. I'm still amazed at how quickly it works up when I get going. The first few rounds take a little while, but then I'm in the groove and it picks up.

Both on and off the hand this time, since it's the left mitten. I'm not so ambidextrous as I'd like.

I ventured out to
KotS this week as well, having heard from a friend (Paula) that the pattern
booklet I'd been wanting was in stock.

I managed to snag the last one. And now want to knit almost every pattern in it. Sigh. Not enough hours in the day. But I'm figuring that several of them will work for Christmas presents. I took my Vine Yoke Cardi with me to show to Kate, and managed to get the whole Wednesday knitting group to fall in love with it, and decide to do a KAL - they all started trying it on to decide what size they would need to make, and then talking yarn choices and colors. And to all my family members who read this, a certain grade school teacher (known as Just Joan) says hello.
Speaking of presents, here's one that I recently got for myself:

A specially dyed Steelers yarn. From
Destination Yarns on
Etsy. I saw it on her
blog, and immediately had to click to buy it. It had to be mine. So now it is. I'm not allowed to cast on the socks with it yet. I'm saving it for my 50 lbs reward. I was trying to figure out what I wanted my reward to be for when I hit the milestone, and since the bank account and storage space, don't want me to buy any more yarn/fiber/fun stuff, I'm saving this. I'm getting really close too. Had a big week at weigh in today - biggest I've had in months.
1 comment:
Yay! I'm glad you like the yarn! And Happy Friday!
Post a Comment