Long silence, I know. Slightly busy, it's the time of year. Had another football game - 2 hrs each way on the bus, rained again, lost again - so we're
keeping fingers crossed that it doesn't rain for the Homecoming game on Saturday. Because I'm not really sure that I can handle 3 straight games in the rain, not to mention that the soccer game is before the football game, which would mean lots of
time in the rain. I did have something to help with the autumn chill last game:
Managed to have just the hat done in time for the game, got most of the first mitt done on the bus ride. Finished the second mitt on Monday, so they're ready for action. Used the pattern
Cairn, from the
Whimsical Little Knits booklet, and am calling them my Sideline Spirit, as they are in school colors.

During the
Steelers game on Sunday night (
btw,
Steelers - enough with the 4
th quarter meltdowns!) I finished my
mittens:

Which meant that this week I needed to cast on for the semi-matching cowl. I'm doing the
Tapestry Cowl, which is gorgeous, but time consuming, as double-knitting tends to be.

I figured that to have it done by the end of the month, I need to do 3 rows a day. I can handle 3 rows - well, technically they're rounds, but whatever. Much more than the 3/day and my hands,
particularly my left thumb, start to hurt. The price you pay for gorgeous knits.

See, I've started the pattern rows, yippee. Only 64 more to go! Also in the line of new knits (can you tell it's a new month?) are my amazing new socks.

Now known as
Kleine Kurbisse (there's supposed to be an umlaut over that u, but I don't know how to do that). Why the
Deutsch? I'm using the infamous
Wollmeise yarn in the colorway "
Kurbis" which is German for
pumpkin, and the pattern is "
Little Pumpkins", so I translated that into German, and voila! The yarn is amazing, seriously, I know that people go on about it, and now I get it.

Can you see the pumpkins? (They're sideways, didn't mean for that to be posted like that, sorry.) Aren't they adorable? I know, another example of Annie being way too easily amused. I realized that I haven't gotten around to showing you the famed
Baktus of black-hole-knitting-on-the-bus fame, so here it is:

So Euro. Love it. I think it will come in very handy this winter in the new training room - as I have no idea as to what the heating situation in the new building will be, probably chilly, we'll have spent too much money on the new building to afford the heating costs. Not to mention, I love it. And I'll probably make more - so put in your Christmas orders now (family members only please, until they figure out how to add hours to the day).

See the pretty new fiber? Water shipment in the the fiber club. So pretty, I'm such a sucker for blues and greens. Just have to find time to work on spinning it.
Lost in the blog silence was Mason's birthday party. He was having an Aunt Ellen day - clung to her like no other.



See? Too cute. Went way over on points that day. And here was the present of the day, courtesy of Aunt Ellen.

That picture makes it seem like they
actually played "together",
hahahaha. Sadly, a planned trip to apple/pumpkin picking with the kiddos was rained out last weekend, hoping to go next weekend. though
No comments:
Post a Comment