The month is winding down, and that means that I needed to get a bunch of projects done for the Rav thing. So I did. Yay. In time to photograph with the kiddos yesterday.
It was leaf day, so they were in the neighborhood. First up - I made a pumpkin hat for Aubrey. It's adorable, too big, but adorable.
Color is perfect for fall as well. Also perfect for fall? Owls. I whipped up a few for the nephews, as a Halloween present (and because Aubrey was getting presents - Aunt Annie needs to be fair). They turned out so cute! I really was tempted not to give them away.
But I did. And it was worth it. Mason had fully accepted his owl into the family in about 2 minutes:
I also finished Peggy's birthday present (finally). Still cringing a bit about the cutting of a knitted item, even if it was felted. Guess that means I'm not ready for steeks yet.
And Aubrey got to wear her little shoes home. She could not be bothered to pose for the camera.
Last night I finished up the last of the October projects, the Fire yarn.
Ended up with about 335 yds of worsted weight yarn. And am very happy with it. So not what I would normally choose, but that goes to show you it's good to step outside the comfort zone every now and then.In other news, last football game of the season is tomorrow. The reports about maybe being possibly eligible for playoffs with a win ended up being false. Volleyball continues, they don't play again until next Wednesday (maybe I'll make it to that game, the girls are a bit miffed that I didn't get to a game in this round). Girls soccer lost a heart breaker on Monday - the refs were atrocious. you know it's bad when trainer Annie starts yelling at the refs! Boys soccer won an amazing game on Tuesday. With 1:25 left in the second overtime (each OT is 15 min) the winning goal was scored. Talk about drama. They play again tomorrow night, and it looks like I'll be going, at the request of the team.
So that's my big plans for Halloween - hope you all have a happy and haunted one!
No comments:
Post a Comment