Hooray! First blog. I never thought that I would reach this point, never thought that I would end up with a blog of my own. I resisted even reading my sister's for the first six months of it's existence because I thought it gave her an excuse not to call and talk to me. She expects everyone to read her blog to know what's going on in her life. I hope not to fall into that trap. I'm thinking that this will end up revolving around the things that take up most of my time - my job, which is athletic trainer to a rich private high school (that I don't think I'm allowed to mention the name of) through the Cleveland Clinic, and all of my various crafty projects. I am mostly into scrapbooking and knitting, but occasionally delve into the realms of jewelry making and crocheting.
I don't have much to talk about job-wise at the moment. Today everything got rained out and they cancelled the baseball tournament that was supposed to take place tomorrow already. Very excited at the prospect of a free Saturday. There haven't been very many lately. I do have to put in an appearance at an open house sometime tomorrow afternoon. My best friend's husband graduated from the Cleveland police academy today and so they are celebrating tomorrow. Very gald that he's finally out of the academy. I've gotten quite tired of hearing his "squats to pee" stories. Don't ask, I actually forgot the true story a while ago, but they keep mentioning references to it and I nod accordingly. Let's just say that he likes to shoot things in the head. So, if ever in Cleveland and in a situation where a cop is telling you not to move your hands, don't move them. He will shoot you in the head.
Knit-wise, I am currently working on a pair of socks (the first sock is done and the second is started), a sweater for afore-mentioned best friend Bridget (haven't gotten so far, but c'mon, 19 inches of stockinette stitch is nothing if not boring), and most recently a couple of small animals to be stuffed and sewn for my gorgeous nephew Charlie, who happens to be 2 and loves "Happy Feet", so is getting a penguin.
Scrap-wise, I need to begin the scrapbook for my other nephew, Elliott, who will be one in June. I did a scrapbook for Charlie's first birthday and I think it's kind of expected for Elliott. Hopefully, I'll get some help with it though, I'm hoping to use it as a way to spend more time with my sister-in-law, Peggy, so that we can get to know each other better. Can't start without photos though, and we don't have many of Elliott that aren't of him lying on the floor, or sitting on a blanket, or sitting with dad (my brother Paul). So that makes for a very boring scrapbook. Paul is supposed to be getting pics to me soon. Hopefully, I can get something that resembles and entire book together by the time E's birthday rolls around.
Okay, so this got kinda long. I hope to get pictures up as soon as I figure out how and do all sorts of other stuff eventually. We'll see how good I am at this blogging stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment