Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Black Black Day

It is a black, black day in my world today. This weekend, as you all know, was the NFL draft. So far as I can tell my beloved Steelers did alright. Who can really tell for sure at this point, but they always pick very smartly. But the reason that today is a day of mourning, is that somehow, beyond my comprehension, the Browns were able to finagle 2 first round picks. And who did they choose with that second pick??? None other than Brady Quinn, former quarterback to Notre Dame. This is unacceptable. I would have been fine with Brady going anywhere but to Cleveland.

Wait a minute, don't I live in Cleveland?? I'm sure you're all asking how a girl born and raised in Cleveland is a Steelers fan. Simple, my dad is originally from Pittsburgh, and we were not permitted to live in his house and be Browns fans. So why do I not want to see Brady in Cleveland? Most people will assume that it's because I don't want my team to have to compete against him, that I'm afraid that he'll beat the Steelers. Not so. I don't want him in Cleveland because they don't have anything that resembles an NFL offensive line, which means that poor Brady is in for a beating, every Sunday. So in two years time, he'll be injured and burnt out and will never reach his full potential.

Now, why do I care so much about Brady Quinn? Simple, I am also a huge Notre Dame fan. So I want the boys who graduate from ND to do well.

So today is a black black day. And come The first Sunday of September, my Steelers are going to have a field day with poor Brady, if he starts, and run him into the ground. So sad.

No comments: