That's right, today marked the official start of football season. And it couldn't have been more perfect. I mean, who doesn't want to go to football practice in 95 degree heat? With a relative humidity that put the heat index over 100? With little breeze and no clouds in the sky? Gotta love it. Other than the heat, it was fine. Only 1 puker. That's an improvement over last year's first practice. Silly children, eating oranges for breakfast and drinking any water. Remember to hydrate people!
Since the last time I blogged, the other part of my first Knitpicks order arrived. And I am sending all of the yarn back. The blue that appeared to be a royal-ish blue in the picture online, ended up being a dark periwinkle. Way to much purple for a baby BOY blanket. They didn't have another acceptable color in the kind of yarn that I wanted so it's all going back.
And I went to Knitting on the Square - cute little shop in downtown Chardon, and found some replacement yarn that will better match the new color scheme in the baby's room. Now I just have to start it. Also purchased on that trip, was a nice little book with "8 hour" baby blanket patterns. Several nice choices for Baby Jersey's blanket. I'm still hopeful that I'll be able to use the yarn I already have and not have to send it back too.
In other knitting news, I have finished the 3rd repeat in the Peapod (no pictures because it doesn't look all that different from the last time, just one more peapod up). And this is how far I've gotten with my Jaywalker.

I'm slowly getting there. I'm trying not to only do the sock. The socks don't have to be done by mid-September, aka 6 weeks!! So I've been forcing myself to work on the Peapod the last few nights. Although, it's slow going when "So You Think You Can Dance?" is on. It'll be much better tv knitting once I get this front piece done and move on to boring old stockinette stitch for the back.
Well, that's all for now. Pray that the little froshies listened to my lecture and I don't end up with any pukers tomorrow. I really don't deal well with the pukers.
No comments:
Post a Comment