Monday, November 12, 2007

Back

So I have returned from my brief sojourn to NJ. A bunch has happened since my last post. My brother Tommy, the Marine, came home on Wednesday. It's been a year and a half since he's been home so it's great to see him. Tommy and I went out to Perry so that he could meet his nephews (that's right he's been gone since before Elliott was born) on Thursday.
Sadly, my volleyball team lost on Thursday - 16-14 was the final score in Game 5 - talk about a heart breaker. And then, my football team lost 23-0 on Friday. I don't know what happened exactly - I'm sure I'll hear about it today when I get to work. In some happy news, the Steelers made a come back and beat the Browns yesterday. Would have been a GREAT game to be at, but I wouldn't have traded meeting my beautiful niece for season's tickets.


And that brings me to this weekend. No problems getting to Newark. The rest of Friday was spent playing with Charlie and listening to Sarah periodically scream (she has an excellent set of lungs). Saturday, Ellie and I took Charlie to Gymboree - we had a puker, and a bloody lip, and one meltdown. Otherwise, it was great. Then it was nap time, so that when he woke up we could have his birthday party. I think that the pictures say it all about the party.

Sunday brought the baptism. I won't say anything about the ceremony itself - I was unable to pay much attention to the deacon, much as I tried. But Sarah was beautiful. Tom and Ellie didn't have much to do, but they make great godparents.
So now I'm back home. This week may not see many posts, I'm puppy sitting at Bridget's this week. But I'll do my best. And onto some knitting. Not too much to report. I frogged my Steelers sock after last post. Spent the whole MNF game (which was fantastic) working on a new one, using the Monkey pattern. Forgot how much I love this pattern. And last night on the flight back, I finished all but the grafting and sewing bits. Thank you TSA for not allowing scissors. Here it is:And waiting for me when we got back late last night... a box from KnitPicks. Which had Palette yarn in shades of blue for some Fair Isle mittens:
And some Wool of the Andes for some worsted Fair Isle mittens from a great book that Ellie got for me - thanks a bunch Ellie!
It also contained "Knitter's Almanac" by Elizabeth Zimmermann - can't wait to make a February sweater, and a magnetic chart holder for my lace patterns. I've done part of Mason's border, will probably finish today or tomorrow, and then it's Steelers socks and SotS, until I'm a bit more caught up with the stole. I don't like being so far behind.

No comments: