Okay, so onto happier things. I finally got around to sewing buttons onto Elliott's BSJ, and gave it to them yesterday. Yay.
Haven't touched SotS or the Steeler's socks since last post. So I'm still 6 rows from being done with clue 5 and the final clue came out today. It's all good, it'll get done when it gets done. The socks will get some attention this weekend. Probably Sunday night, since we've got Nutcracker tix for Sunday afternoon!!!
Haven't touched SotS or the Steeler's socks since last post. So I'm still 6 rows from being done with clue 5 and the final clue came out today. It's all good, it'll get done when it gets done. The socks will get some attention this weekend. Probably Sunday night, since we've got Nutcracker tix for Sunday afternoon!!!I have begun my Christmas knitting. This is the first year that I am attempting to knit any gifts. Can't show you any pics of the one I've started already, it's a surprise. But last night after the turkey had been devoured and pumpkin pie eaten, I started working on the sweater ornaments. Here's the first attempt:
It's from a Paton's booklet. I'm not in love with it at all the raglans don't look even and there are a crazy number of seams to sew in. Here's the second attempt:
Much better. So bloody cute. It's the mini sweater pattern from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" and it really did take just the 2 hours that the book claimed. So I think that I will use up some sock yarn for a few of these, as well as bump up the needle size in order to use the red yarn pictured in the first one (I've got some green like that as well). So cute. Some mini stockings and mittens and hats might be worked up as well.
It's from a Paton's booklet. I'm not in love with it at all the raglans don't look even and there are a crazy number of seams to sew in. Here's the second attempt:
Much better. So bloody cute. It's the mini sweater pattern from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" and it really did take just the 2 hours that the book claimed. So I think that I will use up some sock yarn for a few of these, as well as bump up the needle size in order to use the red yarn pictured in the first one (I've got some green like that as well). So cute. Some mini stockings and mittens and hats might be worked up as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment