Very terrible cold plaguing everyone in this house. I haven't had a voice since Thursday. Busy weekend of hockey, basketball, and watching football while snuggly warm. That is the best way, in my opinion. Sure, playoffs would've been great - but it wintry mixed for most of last weekend. Football in wintry mix, not so much fun. Had plenty of time to get some knitting done -yay.
Alright, first up, Mason's blanket is completed. Done. And any other term in any other foreign language that means complete. Here it is in use:
Not exactly how I had pictured it, way back in August, but it's done and it's greatMade some major headway with the SotS. Will probably finish clue 5 tonight! Whoa. The last time SotS made an appearance I had just finished clue 3. Yay for me.
Never mind that clue 7 came out on Friday. It's seriously getting huge now. I'll add the kitty picture to give you some scale. I'm worried how big it's going to turn out being, this is completely unblocked. Yikes.
And I got going a little on the second Steeler sock. Made it through the heel flap today during Kaylee's nap. I'm hoping to finish the pair before next Monday. MNF vs. the 0-10 Dolphins, Gotta show some Steeler love! Especially after the disaster yesterday.
And now, for the prettiness. I found a grouping of sock yarn on Etsy a few weeks ago, titled "The Cracker of Nuts". Now, if you know me, you'll know why I couldn't resist. They're sooo soo soo pretty. From dkKnits on Etsy, go check her stuff out, it's fab.
From left to right "The Cracker of Nuts," "The Mouse King," "Clara's New Shoes," and "The Sugarplum Fairy." I can't wait to go see the Nutcracker this year. Once upon a time when I was young, there was a Cleveland Ballet. And then it went away to San Jose. And now we've got the San Jose Ballet performing the Nutcracker in Cleveland this year, our Nutcracker. The last few years has been the Cincinnati Ballet, and it was beautiful, but this is the Nutcracker of my youth, my first ballet, and still my favorite.
1 comment:
Ok can i just tell you how very excited I am that the Cleveland (I mean San Jose) ballet is coming back to do Nutcracker? So. Very. Excited. My mom and I have had a tradition since the Cleveland ballet left that every year we go somewhere to see the Nutcracker. And every year we leave feeling a little cheated because it wasn't "our" version of the story. We've been to Chicago, Detroit, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, and Atlanta and none of them are anywhere near as good. I can't wait to see it again!
Post a Comment