Not much to offer today. Had a busy weekend at work - 11 games in less than 48 hours - and therefore didn't get much knitting done. The Steelers game didn't help either. I started the sleeves during the football game, and have gotten this far:
Less than 6 inches. Very uninspiring. It's good that I'm doing both at one time, I'm running out of steam for the double seed stitch. Need to hurry up and finish these so I can block them. Last night I started the second Bellatrix sock, and got this far:
Most of the leg. Here's a close up of the pattern. Still loving it.
And over on Ravelry, I found a group to join - the Weekly Sock Group. The idea is that you knit a sock a week, from stash, for at least 6 months. How cool is that. Last night, I went through my sock stash and found that, I have enough sock yarn to complete 6 months of this challenge and a little bit more. So by the time this is all done, I'll be able to re-stock. Anyway, I figured that this would be a good way to use up my gorgeous yarn that I love and adore, in a more timely fashion. So here are my own personal rules.
1. A week begins Monday and ends Sunday.
2. Time is able to be made up in the following week, as long as the next sock is finished too.
3. Challenge time: 30 weeks. Which would put me at 15 pairs of socks by July 27. I know it's more than 6 months, but I like the number 15.
So, I'm counting last week as the first week, because I did complete a sock. Wish me luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment