So, I decided that I wanted a sock that I didn't have to think about too much. And so I cast on for a boring ribbed sock. What's so new and different? I'm knitting both socks in the pair at the same time, on the same needle. Fancy schmancy, I tell ya. I'm using Austermann Step (it's got aloe and jojoba oil to moisturize while you wear) in the color Ocean Blue. I know, I know, the stripes don't match, but I have to use both ends of the ball and wasn't about to waste yarn so that they would line up. I like em this way anyway. So, here's a photo - I'm farther along now, past the gussets, but it's too dark for a good pic, maybe tomorrow. 
Now, in the way that math works in my head, two halves make a whole, so that means that technically I have a sock, just not a finished one. Enough knitting to have a whole sock, but two halves instead. These will be done by the end of this week - I'm shooting for Friday, so that I can wear them to the playoff basketball game that night. We'll see.
I also did not finish the Notre Dame sweater last weekend like I was supposed to. But I knew I wouldn't, didn't you? I did get some work done on it, it's now almost a vest. But I got stymied on the attaching of the collar - some of the stitches are live and some aren't and it doesn't say anything about them at all, so I'm confused. Never fear - the Clinic cancelled me for tomorrow morning, so I'm off to KotS for some much needed help. Must avoid all temptation - I gave up buying yarn for Lent. And Kate is now stocking Smooshy... :(
But, in other knitting news - I did get something finished. I needed something other than socks mid-week to work on. So I found a pattern on Ravelry and grabbed my skein of Noro, and voila! Two days for a hat. It's so cute, I love it. Wish it was a little longer, but I was running out of yarn. Next time, I'll make a scarf to match and have more than just one ball handy so I won't have to worry.
1 comment:
aaawh - your nephews are adorable!
Post a Comment