On to new stuff. I knew that I'd get the ribbed socks done with relative quickness, and so packed the next sock. And lo and behold, we had to sit through a whole game before ours started, so...
Say hello to the "Merino Lace Sock" from Favorite Socks in the oh so pretty "Lava Lipstick" Smooshy yarn. I couldn't help myself. There was so much talk of Smooshy this week at SnB, and people showing off the gorgeous colors that they had bought at KotS, I needed a fix. And as I cannot buy any yarn until the end of March, this was the only way. All my SnB buddies applaud me for my Lenten sacrifice, and asked if maybe I should've made an exception for sock yarn.
But I digress. The Smooshy. Is. So. Beautiful. And I'm not normally a red kinda girl. But everyone needs a little red in their life now and then.
As for the neverending saga of the ND sweater - the collar is attached!. Most of the ends are sewn in. I just have to lay it out so I can attach the sleeves and then sew them on. I say that like it's so easy, when in reality, I'm really horrible at this bit. It usually takes me 4 or 5 tries before I give up and just accept that the sleeves are going to look horrible. So I'm hoping that this time goes a little smoother.It's this fear of the finishing that is the reason this sweater has been languishing for a month in my knitting box. My goal is to finish it this weekend (no, really) so that I can wear it to SnB on Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
And to end with some cute photos. Miss Maddie has taken to a new lounge spot. I witnessed the discovery of this new ideal spot late the other night.
1 comment:
I love them both, Annie! I worked on mine this morning and somehow ended up with an extra stitch! I'm trying to decide whether to tink a bit or keep going. Ack! Maybe I'm not meant to be a sock knitter...
Post a Comment