Sunday, February 24, 2008

I Give You... Notre Dame du Grace

It's complete. I'm actually wearing it - left on from the impromtu photo shoot. Just finished it, 2 minutes before the photo shoot, during the last minutes of "Pride and Prejudice" (the BBC version) on PBS. Gotta love Jane Austen. So, yeah, it's done. Kinda weird. There is this kind of void that comes over you when you finish a really big project, or one that you've worked on for a long time. Almost like you can't believe that you're actually done, because it's been so many hours of work and thinking of it and not working on it, and feeling like you should be.

But I'm glad it's done. In just under two months. Should've been one month, but silly me I'm afraid of the finishing. Amazingly, it went really well this time. I didn't have to rip it out once. Scary. Maybe, just maybe, next time the sweater bits won't languish unsewn for a month. Hmmm.

And just to prove a point, here's me wearing my new Austermann socks the other day (which, coincidentally, were not lucky for the basketball team).
And here's my sock on my foot, in my new tennis shoe (Valentine's present from my wonderful niece and nephew in Jersy - thank you so much).
So, as you can see, the socks do in fact fit into shoes. And are worn out, in shoes. Just to prove that I do in fact wear the multitude of socks that I knit.

3 comments:

Sourire11 said...

Your sweater turned out great!!!

and I"m afraid of finishing, too.

Anonymous said...

Your sweater and socks are great!

Cindy

Kate Jackson said...

The sweater looks so good on you! Congrats. You'll have to wear it in soon so I can ohh and aah in person.