Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Post not about knitting (or spinning)

In order assuage those readers who are not of the knitting persuasion.

This week at work has been busy. The weather has been great, which means that all games/events have been played. So, for those who like these kind of things, here goes.

The baseball team had a rough week. But when your AD schedules Ignatius and Walsh Jesuit on consecutive days, there's nothing you can do. They played well against Iggy, only lost 3-0 ( a much better outcome from last year when we were run ruled). The Walsh game wasn't so great. It was 2-0 when I got called away to take care of some blood on the softball field, and it was 8-0 when I got back. Hmmmm. But, when your starting pitcher hits a total of 8 batters (not that the hitters were in any way trying to avoid getting hit, I mean at some point you think that they would try to get out of the way) and the relief pitcher comes in, walks a batter, gives up a grand slam and then hits the next batter.... It gets ugly real fast. They ended up losing 12-0 - they did manage to play the full 7 innings, which is better than being run ruled.

Things got better yesterday, they beat Lutheran West, and today they beat up on WRA.

Track was away this week. I'm not complaining, I had to have a sit down talk with them on Tuesday after the state they left the training room in on Monday. But it looks like once again the girls will do well, maybe a state medal or two again.

The girls lacrosse team has only had one home game to this point. The fields they play on are always wet, and they haven't recovered from the bad weather yet. So for the safety of everyone (or maybe at the request of the grounds keeper brother who doesn't like to have anyone play on any of the grass any where on campus) the games have been cancelled. I don't know how well they're doing, I haven't asked for fear of upsetting the girls, they get cranky if they lose and you remind them of it.

The boys lacrosse team is not living up to it's potential to this point. They beat Mentor last Saturday, lost on the road to someone earlier this week, I can't remember who, and lost yesterday to Rocky River in a very ugly game. I mean, a riot almost broke out in the stands between the parents. But it ended up a 11-10 game. We'll see how it goes, it doesn't help them that they had a skeleton team over the whole 2 weeks of spring break because almost everyone went away.

Alright, hopefully that helps those of you who aren't' really interested in the knitting and spinning but read because you're related to me. I can't give you any boys tennis scores because I don't know them and I don't really care. I'll be honest. So that takes care of all my sports teams, I'll try to remember to mix a few tidbits in more often.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vielen dank.

C3

Unknown said...

thanks for the birthday wishes!!!