It's been another crazy week in the life of an athletic trainer. But, I'll get the knitting bit out of the way for those of you who only swing by for that kind of stuff. I'm making headway on the Log Cabin bag. Still not sure it's completely right. 

Do you see that the strap is significantly longer than the two sides it's supposed to line up to? Tuesday I'll head into KotS and check with Kate. I don't know what's wrong this time. I followed the pattern, maybe might even have more stitches than I'm supposed to on the sides, and the correct number of rows for the gusset. Oi.
I originally tried to take the picture outside on the picnic table...
but Lacey, the cat from next door, had other ideas.
And that's the bulk of the knitting for the week. Yeah, still not getting too much done with work being nutso. So, onto that. Baseball won a couple of times this week, nothing really stands out about the games, except the fact that I had to tend to an opposing 3rd baseman when the ball took a funny hop and hit him in the mouth. No teeth were lost, no concussion symptoms, but there was blood. Thought I'd throw that in there to probe that I actually do have responsibilities and work when I'm at work. It's not all sunflower seeds and sunbathing.
Lacrosse had a very exciting game against St. Ed's. The score was 8-6 Ed's going into the 4th quarter (after we had been down 6-2), and then it all fell apart, and we lost 11-6. In my opinion, the refs did a terrible job, they didn't call anything which led to a very dirty game ( I mean, when I can see the infractions, you KNOW that it should be called).
And yesterday, softball hosted a round robin tourney. We lost the first game in the bottom of the 8th 2-1,(for those who don't know, HS softball and baseball only play 7 innings of regulation) when a ball got hit over the not-to-standard fence (it's less than 200 ft out, which makes it very easy to hit home runs). Then we had a cookout, which was very good. And won the second game 6-4.
And then it was off to the Indians/Yankees game! Here's the view from our seats:
Not too shabby. They're on the aisle and there aren't any seats in front of us, so there's plenty of leg room. Here's the blimp, because it was a nationally televised game (too bad the midges couldn't make an appearance).
Here's me and Ellie before the first pitch (photo taken by the accommodating Yankee fan sitting next to me):
Here's the 35K plus crowd (minus the Yankee fans) waving the promotional towels in support of something good.
Here's the manager, Eric Wedge, being ejected after arguing a shady play at second base:
Here's the crowd supporting Wedge after he was ejected:
Here's a picture of the Cleveland skyline from our seats:
Here's the drummer man, Jon Adams (I'm pretty sure that's his name) beating the drum:
Here's me and Ellie taking a photo that didn't need the assistance of a Yankee fan:
This is a photo of the Indians lining the dugout in the bottom of the 9th:
This is what it looks like when the bases are loaded in the bottom of the 9th:
And this is what it looks like when Victor Martinez hits a single to win the game in the bottom of the 9th:
The Indians win! And it's so much sweeter when it's the Yankees they beat!
1 comment:
Way way sweeter when we beat the Yankees.
Post a Comment