So onto things I can show you. Here is the Christmas tree decorating sequence.
Just the tree, all plain looking.
Jazzed up with some lights.
Some felt that I needed to be decorated as well.
All sparkly and done.
Fun huh? In that last photo, I hope you all noticed the mandatory lean, and that the tiny star is touching the ceiling - even though more than a foot and half was trimmed off before it was put up.Other stuff I can show... ooohh, my Christmas cards! They've been mailed, probably not yet received, but I'll show them anyway.
Yarn acquisitions. Last week at Knit Night, we had the gift swap. I got this from Maggie:
It's a cotton bamboo blend, very cool and I love the colorway, haven't seen anything like it before, and I've seen my share of hand dyed yarn.And this is a photo of the two Amazing Race presents I've gotten so far. The green is some fabulous alpaca silk from Blue Sky Alpacas, and the pink is some suede yarn that came with a pattern for a little bag. Yay fun!
Yesterday I got to baby sit for Miss Kaylee, first time in ages. I can't believe how big she's getting. She graciously allowed me to stage some photos. Even smiled, what a well behaved 2 year old!
She's starting to talk more and more, and not just talk, she first attempts to spell out new words before she will say them. That's right, my 2 year old god daughter spells more than she talks. for instance, "Kaylee, can you say balloon?" She responds "B-A-L-L-L-O-O-N" (She tends to add extra L's). Seriously. "Kaylee, who's that? (me pointing at dog Seamus)" She responds "D-O-G, dog" Crazy.I'll leave you with the fun photo mistake, this is what happens when Annie plays with her camera attempting to take a pretty pic of the tree and accidentally puts on a timer.

1 comment:
Love the tree- especially the last pic. Also love the cards. Hope that you had a Merry Christmas with you and yours.
Post a Comment