Monday, April 27, 2009

Just another post

Nothing new or spectacular to report. Just more of the same. I feel like I've been busy, but know that I haven't really been. Weird. I think because the last two Saturdays have been spent almost entirely at work, it lends itself to feeling busy - that whole one day off a week feeling. First half of last week was terrible weather, so all events were cancelled. I really think that if we tried to make up all of the cancelled games we've had so far, we'd be playing right through to July. But starting Friday, it got gorgeous!

Seriously?! Eighty degrees at 8:30 pm? In NE Ohio? In April? No way. And it's been like that since. I'm L-O-V-I-N-G it! It can stay this way for the rest of the year and I wouldn't mind. Could do with a little less wind - it's been whipping through. Magnolia tree is practically bare already, seeing as it bloomed late last week.

Yesterday was family day. Aubrey is doing well, I'm waiting for her to look not so fragile and tiny.

She's eating well, so the growing will kick in quickly, I'm sure. Because the weather was so amazing yesterday, I got out the little golf set I had gotten to keep at the house for my nephews. Bought it for Easter, but it was too cold. It was hit, I have a feeling that another of my nephews is going to kick butt at Putt-Putt very soon. Mason was more inclined to bite off bits of the foam covering the shaft of the clubs. He thought it very funny. I did not. Especially not after he'd been eating brownies - gooey sticky chocolately golf clubs are not so nice.

I finally got around to taking pictures of the finished Interlocking Leaves socks - this morning. So excited to start taking outdoor knitting pictures again!

I really love how these turned out - except that they're slighting long in the foot, and being toe-up the toe is extra pointy and just wants to stick way out because they're too long. Oh well, they're pretty, so I'll keep them.

The Sunshine socks are coming along, though not very quickly.

I had the urge for lace last week, and the Mystic Waters shawl is so big and fussy... so I cast on for a scarf. And all knitting time has been sucked into it.It's the Lily of the Valley Scarf from Knitted Lace of Estonia and I love it. It's simple enough, but interesting enough to keep me wanting to knit it, which is a feat considering my track record with scarves. I think it might have something to do with the nupps. Pronounced noops, btw. Nupps are what make those cute little buds of the flower, hard to see in the photo, I couldn't get a better shot that showed them up close. So far I'm through 4 repeats, pattern calls for 9 repeats, but I may do a couple more to make it just a bit longer, we'll see. The yarn, if you're wondering, is KnitPicks Gloss Lace in colorway Sterling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your cat likes teh socks...she is sleeping on them now....