Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Very Girly Post

Meet my new niece, Aubrey Macra. She entered this world Sunday at 10:26 pm weighing in at 6 lbs, and measuring 19 inches. She's a bit early - I totally would have had the blanket done in time if she had given me 2 more days - I was that close! As you can see, she's adorable.







I saw her big brothers yesterday as well, running crazy at Chik-fil-a before nap time. I tried to get a pic of the two of them in their matching big brother shirts, but they were having none of it.

Due to rainouts, I managed to finish up the blanket at work and delivered it last night. I count it as a victory that I got it to her before she was a full 24 hours old. Not that she can appreciate it, but I feel better. All in all, I think it turned out pretty well.And then I got to hold her for a good long time. She still has her IV in, but it's supposed to come out today. She's doing really well, as is Peggy. No family photos yet, but I told Peggy she wasn't getting out of it today, so I'll post again soon.I think the IV and its paraphanalia weighs more than her little arm does. As for knitting, there hasn't been much due to the finishing of the blanket, but here's the sock in progress:

It's the "Sunshine" sock pattern from the new Cookie A. book, using the "Sugarplum Fairy" yarn I got a couple years ago from dkKnits. Perfection, is all I have to say. And here's the view I usually have, on a given evening, although Maddie doesn't always look this comfortable.

No comments: