You saw this in it's early stages, but never finished. The Entrelac Button Cowl for Mom, out of the Redwood Forest Handspun. It turned out better than I imagined, and Mom really likes it. I don't think I showed the matching headband ever.
It's the Quant pattern, from Knitty. It also turned out well, but I would do it differently if I made it again. And she's going to kill me for this picture, but as my sister would say "Whatevs."
Anyway, that's the start of the cowl with some Noro Silk Garden. I was trying to add an I-cord edging to it, but I don't like it, so I need to frog and start over. The good news is, it goes faster than the handspun version (thicker yarn and bigger needles and fewer squares will do that).Another little knit that was finished before Christmas but never featured, my Blue Multnomah.
That is the start (and a few charts in) of an Aeolian Shawl(ette). I couldn't help myself. It was after Christmas, and I needed to start something new, and wanted lace... it just kind of happened. But it's going so fast. That's not even all of it (I worked another 28 rows after the photo was taken yesterday), so I only have 18 rows left before binding off. That's record time for me and lace. In laceweight, with beads. I never work that fast.
See the leaves? (I'm such a sucker for leaves in my knitting, why is that?) See the beads? Not too noticeable, just a touch of bling.
And the nupps? There aren't that many of them, but they're still fun. I'm hoping to get it done by the end of the week, then I can show you one of my Christmas presents in use (blocking wires!). I know you're all excited - please try to keep it under control.Wow, this is getting long, and I'm not done yet. Guess there's been more knitting than I thought. I'll try to go fast with these last ones. So, BFF Bridget had a little girl - Baby Kaffaween as her big sister says (Kathleen if you don't speak toddler), so I needed to knit something pink and adorable.
The Baby Surplice by Elizabeth Zimmermann. You really can't go wrong with EZ for a baby knit. It's DK weight yarn and worked up really quickly - haven't been able to gift it yet - can't be infecting the household with my icky cold germs, but I'm hoping to get over there this week. It still needs buttons, and I'm contemplating an edging (the first one didn't work so it was ripped out). So stinking cute. And the delay in gifting meant that I could work up something with the leftover yarn.
The Aviatrix Hat. Also, so stinking cute. Oh my goodness, it really is the cutest little hat. Worked flat - which is always fun, and quick, would have been quicker had I not been watching a movie I'd never seen before. Still have to do the other earflap, and find a button, and then it's done too.
The photos I get of her in the ensemble may be too cute to post, they might just overload the system. Moving on to something less cute, I finished a sock. It feels like it's been forever since I finished a sock.
It's the right foot (yeah, this pattern has a right and left foot) Slant. Really cool pattern. Would go faster if there weren't so many twisted stitches, but it looks cool so I can't complain. Moved on to the left sock on Saturday - halfway done with the leg (but it's a short leg). Other projects consumed me the rest of the weekend though.
Like a sweater for me. Been waiting to cast on a sweater for a month or two - as I now have 3 sweaters worth of yarn in the stash (I usually only have 1), so I thought I better get to it, now that Christmas knitting is done.
That's 5.4 oz of Romney (new to me fiber) in the colorway "Rugby" from Feeling Sheepish. Really good spin. Nice long catchy fibers.
1 comment:
Wow-now that's a lot of knitting--and all beautiful. I saved that baby hat pattern--I love it.
Post a Comment