
That is what my 1000+ yds of lace weight handspun looked like after an hour winding it. Go ahead. Laugh. I didn't, but I managed not to cry either, or take scissors to it and chop it up into millions of fibery bits to be dumped in Lake Erie. Nope, I just kept winding, by hand. I wasn't going to risk breaking the yarn by using the ball winder. We all know how that works out for me.

Yeah, that's after another hour. Still funny isn't it? Have to say, I did not enjoy "Flying Down to Rio" which I watched while doing this. Very disappointing for Fred and Ginger. They only danced once.

Um, yeah, this puts us at three hours.

An episode of NCIS later. Very excited that it was getting big enough to cover my hand at that point.
And after an episode of "Cities of the Underworld", at which point I stopped for the night.
Picked it back up after my eye appointment yesterday. And that's as far as I got before work.Much to the amusement of my boys basketball team, I kept winding through their practice, and finally:
A whole big ball of yarn! That could have been wound in under ten minutes if it hadn't been tangled during the washing of it! It only took me like 6 hours. Who needs puzzles when there's tangled yarn? That picture is to show off the computer I finally have in my new office too.
And this is what the yarn has become. The small beginnings of a lovely stole.
Pretty isn't it?
2 comments:
Do you want some KFC?
You have infinitely more patience than I do.
Post a Comment