So it's another Wednesday in the life. Busy day today at work. Baseball, JV softball, tennis and track were all at home. Eww, track meet. I hate track meets. Especially during the week, they take forever. It's one thing when you know that you're going to have to forfeit an entire Saturday to a big track meet, it's something else when it's the middle of the week and you're sitting around for 20+ minutes waiting for them to finish running the 2 mile race. Thank goodness the boys and girls run together on that one. My track team is especially annoying. They seem to think that the training room is their personal team room. Whirlpool time is social time. Last week, they had a paper towel fight. Paper towels everywhere, I had to listen to the ice rink maintenance guys complain to me the next day that they had to clean up a huge mess. And then I found that they had somehow managed to get paper towels jammed up into the sucking mechanism of the whirlpool. I don't actually know the technical term for the part I'm talking about, so sorry. A $5000 whirlpool, and they manage to clog it with paper towels. I was less than amused. And when I complained to the coaches, they smiled and tried to laugh it off. Not happy. They have no control over their own team.
Oh well, I could go on for hours about the track team. They are an athletic trainer's natural enemy. In other news, I'm very excited because on Friday evening the baseball team is playing at Jacob's Field. Guess who's going to be in the dugout??!! My brother will be so jealous when I show his all the pictures I'm going to be taking. I will step on the grass of Jacob's Field before the night is over. Woohoo.
That's about all I have to report. Need to do some knitting, haven't picked up the needles in almost a week. Very bad. Very excited about the new knitting book I bought yesterday with my crazy good coupon at Barnes and Noble. Can't wait to make some felted slippers. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment