Alright, that should end the rant for the week. Sorry, I'm not feeling well at all today and I'm sure that that is having an effect on my blogging and general attitude. On to nice stuff.
Had the second BSJ class yesterday. Continued on, only made while mistake while gabbing, which is decent. It in no way resembles what the finished product will look like, and yes it is supposed to look like it does. 

Some more yummy yarn came in the mail this week, I have a problem and I know it, but I couldn't help myself, and with all of the finishing that was going on, the excitement of new projects got to me and I put a whole bunch of stuff into my cart and bought it. Oh well, it'll get used.
From left to right: Lorna's Laces Black Purl (can't tell how much I've been drooling over this yarn), Cherry Tree Hill Monet (gorgeous, and anyone who knows me knows I love Monet), Louet Gems Black and Canary (for some Steelers inspired anklets), Claudia Hand Painted Steelers (I mean, do see the color name? How could I possibly not buy this yarn?), and some Merino Lace that I got from KotS yesterday for my Secret of the Stole, the color is only a number, it's a lovely emeraldy green. And there on the bottom of the photo is the cutest keychain, it's a mini sock blocker. Not that I block my socks, but this was so cute, and it comes with a pattern for a mini sock that fits it. (PS - Madeleine feels it necessary to find out what's going on whenever I decide to photograph yarniness, makes her feel important and included I guess)And, yesterday I started a new project. The long awaited Lucy bag. This also does not look like much and will in no way resemble this when it's finished, it gets felted to the point that you no longer recognize the lovely knit stitches. It's in Cascade 220, don't know what yarn color number.
And I almost forgot, Baby Sarah's blanket was completed on Tuesday night - just in time to be packed to go to NJ with Ellie. Here's the finished product:
It's from the Encore 8 Hour Baby Blanket pamphlet. Definitely took me more than 8 hours, but it was really quick and I liked it a lot. All future baby blankets may come from this little booklet.
And I almost forgot, Baby Sarah's blanket was completed on Tuesday night - just in time to be packed to go to NJ with Ellie. Here's the finished product:
It's from the Encore 8 Hour Baby Blanket pamphlet. Definitely took me more than 8 hours, but it was really quick and I liked it a lot. All future baby blankets may come from this little booklet.
This is the lovely crocheted picot edge. And dang if while doing this I didn't remember how fast crocheting can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment