Monday, September 17, 2007

Why I may NEVER knit lace

This. Is. Why.



It was a rough start. The knots began about 10 feet into the 1200+ yard hank(that's right, it came in a single strand of yarn that was almost 4000 feet long). Yikes. So, I calmly decided to cut those 10 feet after 5 minutes of struggling. And then it was all hunky dory, until about here.

Do you see the problem? Do you see why I'm not liking lace? And I haven't even knit any yet!! This does not bode well for the Secret of the Stole. Very bad lace yarn! I was all excited to wind this and then do my swatch, and even attempt to add beads (I got my beads in the mail today, just don't know which ones will look best with evil yarn). But no, it took an hour to get it all wound. And not even into one ball like it's supposed to be. Nope. It ripped. While I was attempting to untangle knot in middle of the hank. Very bad tangle. Very bad that I trimmed my nails today. Am usually much better with knots, but not with short short nails. Boo.

Need to add adorable picture of nephew to feel better.

No comments: