On to a new project - Odessa. Cute hat that will be for me. It's light grey with frosted pink beads (the beads don't show too well in the photo). The pattern is by Grumperina from MagKnits. Here's the progress:

Keeping with the hat theme, this is how far I've gotten on Flore. It's cute, now I have to do the same thing in the next color up.
I took a Fair Isle class at Knitting on the Square last week. The pattern is for a pillow cover, and it's an original by the store owner, Kate Jackson. This is my first attempt at Fair Isle, and I love it. Definitely think that it is meant to be done in the round, can't imagine attempting it flat. Anyway, I'm using Lamb's Pride Worsted and some Noro Kureyon. Let me know what you think.

Onto other things in my life. That's right, I did something other than watch football and knit this weekend. I went to the Hiram House Pumpkin Festival with Bridget and Kaylee. It was really nice. Kaylee loved the petting zoo and pony ride, and Bridget is encouraged by the fact that Kaylee is willing to eat apples on a stick, she's been a bit of a fussy eater lately.


1 comment:
The pillow looks absolutely lovely! I love the spiral hat too.
You are still putting me to shame with sots. I haven't even cast on yet! It's kind of taking the "secret" part out of it, since I have seen everyone else's on their blogs!
Post a Comment