Thursday, October 25, 2007

Some Finished Objects!!

I'm feeling very productive right now. I finished two projects last night! I mean, finishing one would be good, but two in the same night - that's just craziness. So, first up, the Fair Isle Pillow. I really liked the way it came out. I wasn't sure how I would like when I saw there was so much green - both balls of yarn only showed some green in the middle so there was no way to tell how much there was - but I like it anyway. If I were ever to make a pillow again, I will not use anything that has mohair in it (aka Lamb's Pride), it's way to shed-dy and scratchy.

Next up, the (very) long awaited Jaywalkers. I finished the first sock way back in early August, and then wouldn't let myself cast on for the second one until early this month. And then the SotS took over my knitting life for a few weeks, and then there was no sock knitting whilst playing the evil Sox, anyway, after many delays, here's the finished pair. They were done in Lorna's Laces, a special colorway only done for SimplySockYarnCompany.com.


And this is how far I got the other day on Flore. I think it's looking so so cute. I cast on for the final petal color, but didn't get much farther. I'm hoping to get it done this weekend.


My goal in all of this is to get some of my little projects done and out of the way so that I can pick up Mason's blanket again (yes the yarn finally did come in, thank you Encore) and crank that out. I also have to put buttons onto Elliott's wool BSJ, and then make the washable version. I'm going to start my Steelers socks today, and when all these projects are done, I can start on my Notre Dame sweater, and the few Christmas items that I have in mind.
P.S. Sarah is at home and doing very well, C4 is loving being a big brother and consoles her every time she cries.

1 comment:

Sourire11 said...

The pillow is fab!!! Fair isle still freaks me out but projects like that make me want to learn!

Your jaywalkers are super-cute, too. It sucks that our Sox boycott didn't work. What a sad end to the series...

and congrats to the new parents!