Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Not Much... again.

That's right, once again I don't have much to offer. I finished the first Embossed Leaves sock. It's really pretty. Everyone at SnB was oohing and ahhing over the yarn last night. A few even threatened to sneak it into their knitting bags. But it made it's way home. Once again didn't get too much knitting done, much chatting though. It's fun that way. But back to the pretty sock. Can you see how cool the pattern is? Can you see how the toe shaping ends up completing the shape of the leaf? So cool. Yes, once again I am gushing over a sock, what do you want from me? I don't get to see the cute nephews and niece as often as I should, I have to gush over something.

Sadly, that's all the knitting I have to report on. Didn't get any done this weekend at all - well, a little on the sleeves, but you don't want to see it. You'll see them when they're done. Eventually. The reason for no knitting? Ill on Sat, Pittsburgh on Sun and BB on Mon. I'll get back on track tonight though. And speaking of Pittsburgh... here's what Liz and I did. Went to the zoo and aquarium. See?
Went to dinner, attempted to make a brownie thing from the slow cooker recipe book I got her for Christmas (there was some misreading of the directions, and it didn't turn out too well) and an attempt to hook up her dvd player to watch a dvd (also didn't go too well, we could get audio but nothing other than a blue screen, no matter how we configured the wires). Next time it needs to be longer than a 24 hour visit. And maybe a little warmer.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I LOVE those socks! I can't decide what I like better, the colors or the pattern. They're both fantastic!