Friday, May 2, 2008

Happy May

I actually have knitting things to show today. Nothing finished of course, but I'm getting there. Looking back on my trepidation about the log cabin bag, I'm a fool. I mean, I know that Kate is a good knitter and pattern designer, why wouldn't I trust the pattern? You would think that I would have learned to just go with it. But I haven't. Anyway, went to KotS on Tuesday morning and Kate said I was doing everything correctly, so I continued. And by the end of the night (SnB was Tuesday as well) this is what I had:
So cool. I loves it. Notice the difference in the two sides. Totally brilliant. Haven't had a chance to sit down and do the handle (which is all that's left on this bad boy before felting). Maybe Sunday. Onto something else. This is how far I am on the Clapotis. Loving this alot. Doesn't it just remind you of the crocuses and it's all springy and stuff. here's a close up of the stitch pattern.Gots to love intentionally dropped stitches. They're so liberating. Moving on. I started spinning the "Wrightwood" superwash merino I got a little while ago on etsy. It's my Earth spinning for Project Spectrum. It's very cool. I love the tweediness. In the department of no picture knitting, I finished the I-cord edging on the tomten for Elliott (finally) and just need to get a zipper and it's done. Voila. It's seriously high in the cuteness factor. Will photo when the zipper is in and I have a model to do it justice. Now that it's May, I've decided that my sock hiatus is over. I actually knit on a sock yesterday! For the first time in a month. Need to get the gift Noro socks done so I can start other ones without guilt.
In non-knitting news. there's not much to report. The baseball team has been rained out or away most of the week. They beat US twice, I just don't have any details. The JV game the other day, of which I saw about an inning due to LAX being home at the same time, ended badly. Really badly. 25-8 badly. Ouch. The LAX team won that day. Softball beat Hawken yesterday. Had another track meet Tuesday. Boring. I had to rush down to the finish line because someone was "hurt." Right. The girl in question landed funny in the high jump and bruised her elbow. Definitely a medical emergency.

Other than that, it's busy around home. Gearing up for the big Derby Day party tomorrow. Should probably go clean something now.

No comments: