New year, I'll show my new wheels..
This was my first yarn spun on the wheel, just some random wool ordered from Smoky Mountain Fibers on Etsy. It was spun using my wheel as a single treadle (only using the right foot). Why you ask?
And then, I started spinning some superwash BFL from theytoldmesew also on Etsy, colorway "Brave Woodsman". And I actually have the full progression in photos, the roving:

The singles:

That's the two bobbins of single of "Rockin Around" from dkKnits on Etsy in superwash merino. Seriously so cool looking. Can't wait to see it how it plies up.
In case you wanted a closer look. I didn't want this roving to end, it was so smooth and soft and spun so well. Can't wait until I have money again so I can order some more... which brings me to my other new wheels...Yeah, no picture, sorry about that, but Monday night I drove a brand new 2008 Saturn Astra in Black Sapphire off of the lot. The Taurus era came to an end after it wouldn't start most of last week and then cost a whole heck of a lot to fix on Saturday. I love my new car. It's awesome. I will try to get some photos soon, I meant to take some, but didn't and then I had to drive to work yesterday in the snow so it now is not looking as shiny and pretty as it did, so I can't photograph like that.
Anyway, I started a new knitting project yesterday, the Druid Mittens from the Fall '08 Vogue Knitting.
So I will leave you with a video taken of my first attempts at spinning on the wheel, Christmas morning.
Note the video game sounds in the background - Tommy and I spent Christmas day in each other's company, spinning and gaming. A big huge THANK YOU to my wonderful family and friends who consented to get me the wheel for Christmas - love you all.
P.S - Just had to share, at my WW weigh in this week I am officially down 9.8 lbs since Dec 1! Can't tell you how proud I am of myself. Will admit that I didn't count points at all today though.
1 comment:
Congrats on the weight loss. The excercise from the spinning wheel should help boost your metabolism. You go girl!.
Post a Comment