I am so happy with it. It is beautiful. So here's some more pictures of it.
On the niddy noddy.
Off the niddy noddy. 
Up close.
Alright, onto other things. Here's the new spinning project.

It's "Oh Cherry Baby" by Copperpot Woolies, 100% merino. And it's amazing. I thought my first batt was soft - oh no, not compared to this. And do you see that color? I forgot to photo the wool before I pulled it apart (was too excited to get started) so here's a small sampling.
Alright, on the knitting stuff, because I do still knit. I finished the first of the secret Noro socks last Friday, and shamefully haven't gotten much done on the second one. I'm afraid that I'm starting to lose my sock knitting mojo. I'm thinking that I may only do the Weekly Sock Project through the end of May like the group on Ravelry. There are just so many other things I want to knit, and now that the spring sports have started up in earnest - there's just not enough hours in the day. So there it is, I'm copping out. After that, I'll probably shoot for a pair of socks a month, because I still love knitting and having the knit socks.This is my log cabin bag. I'm not very much farther you'll see, but... I ripped it out almost completely last night before re-knitting. I couldn't help myself. I kept seeing the picture of it on the blog and being annoyed by that one light green stitch that stuck out too far into the blue center. It was driving me nuts. (no comments about OCD Ellie, or I will bust into your house and move picture frames)

And I got through the second chart of the Mystic Waters shawl. It's really so very pretty. And tedious. I don't know why I couldn't have chosen a nice simple to remember pattern for my first real lace project. Silly me. This will be slow going, but I'll get there.

And here's the mitten I started Tuesday night when I got home from SnB. It's the Newfie mitten pattern from Ravelry (recommended by one of the new ladies at group, and shamefully, I don't remember her name). It's a great pattern, looks cool, easy to knit, would have been warm... Yeah, would have been, if it were big enough to fit my hand. Hmmm. So this will be frogged and I'll have to find another warm mitten pattern.
Why would I be knitting mittens in April you ask? Well if you had been at the track meet on Tuesday, you'd be knitting mittens too, and long underwear and anything else you could make out of very thick wool. Because it is always a good idea to run a track meet in 34 degree weather with wind gusts up to 30mph and rain/snow/tiny hail mix falling from the sky. In fact, you know that you should be running a track meet, when the weather is so bad that the other two teams decide to leave and get on their buses before all the races have been run (if you could see my face right now, you'd see a big cheesy grin of hate plastered on it, just by me thinking of the insanity that is the mind of my track coach). Luckily, or unluckily, none of his big star athletes pulled anything or were hurt. Well, as long as your not counting frostbite.
3 comments:
Your spinning is beautiful! I really need to dust off my wheel and get going with that again...
Hey thanks for the compliments on my hats! I was SO thrilled that they were on the daily chum. Seriously excited about that.
Who me OCD? C'mon, now that I'm fully paxillated you can move whatever you want and it won't bother me. Weird how this stuff works. Anyways, love the color of your spun wool and the shawl is so pretty!
WOw...your first yarn is Beautiful!! I need to work on my first. I have played with spinning but have not spun any yarn. You inspire me!!
Post a Comment