Yesterday, we managed to get in a baseball sectional. The weather was not cooperative. It rained most of the day and all of the game. But as we were winning, we really couldn't call it and expect the other team not to protest. So they played on, and won 10-1. Woohoo. I missed most of it due to the LAX game going on simultaneously. We won that 10-3.
Sunday was Mother's Day, and the joint celebration of my brother Paul's birthday (it was actually last Friday, but we didn't see him until Sunday). Elliott was most entertained by the musical card I got for my brother.
And then we moved onto mom, who loves anything that comes in a shoe box.I haven't really gotten much done in the way of knitting. The Temptation sock ist kaput. The little pooches that resulted on the sides of the heels were present in other people's socks on Ravelry and the designer was unable to give me any tips on how to avoid them, so the yarn will get knitted up some other day. So I started another sock.
It's the "Nagini" pattern from Gigi Silva. I'm knitting it up in "Sour Grapes" by Rio Del Plata, purchased from the Loopy Ewe (not surprisingly). I'm loving it to this point. The way the yarn knits up in the pattern, it reminds me of snakeskin. So awesome. And I'm past the bulk of it, it's now just the mindless pattern up the leg. Which means I should get it finished relatively quickly (how often have we heard that?)
The most exciting knitting though - I'm onto the decrease rows of the Clapotis!
It's the home stretch now. I'm thinking that I'll be blocking this bad boy this weekend!! Which makes me very happy. Once again, I'm jinxing myself by making predictions. Gotta learn to stop doing that.
1 comment:
Choose your method of death.....
Post a Comment