Mildly disappointed. But only with me, not with the knitting. I don't think I made it long enough. I followed the directions, but I think it's a bit short. Of course, this is something that can't be realized until it's too late. Too late because the stitches are dropped, and there's just no way to go back and pick up and knit again. Oh well. It's still gorgeous.
I'm halfway through the second repeat. It's a nice easy repetitive lace pattern. Much less concentration than the Mystic Waters. I'm using KnitPicks Gloss yarn, in Dolphin. It's 70% merino, 30% silk. So great.
And then on Saturday, I had to start the November Ruffle by Kate Jackson. The yarn has been sitting there for petting, because, seriously, the 100% alpaca Peruvian Tweed yarn, is so incredibly luscious. That's the only word to describe this yarn. LUSCIOUS. Don't know why I was so intent on knitting this, I won't wear it until the fall, and it's like 15" of stockinette. Oi. Oh well, it's dummy knitting, and everyone needs a little dummy knitting in their lives.Yesterday, I got something finished. Here's my Wrightwood roving, all spun up and plied up into some yarn. It ended up being 100yds of sport/worsted yarn (It's 11 WPI which is right between the 2 weights). 

Very glad I finished this. It was for the Project Spectrum Earth cycle, which ends at the end of this month. So I actually got it done on schedule. Yay me.
2 comments:
Your Clapotis is beautiful!!
That was a rough one for us non-knitting folks. Glad that your knitting is going well (I think that it is a mostly positive report, just something isn't big enough?). Take care.
C3
Post a Comment