Monday, May 5, 2008

OMG - I actually finished something!

Holy craziness! I have an FO to show off!!! I snapped a few pics of the finished Log Cabin bag as it dries. This morning was my first venture into felting, yippee.
It's all felted and fuzzy and I can't wait until it's dry. Had to get it done this morning so it would be dry in time to take with me tomorrow to show everyone at SnB. And I think I might have enough yarn left over to make another, slightly smaller, version. How cool is that?


Yesterday I started a new sock. I know, how long has it been since I did that? Couldn't help myself. The yarn (Stone Barn Fibers "Adrianna" from the Loopy Ewe) has been calling to me all week. I"m knitting it up into the "Temptation Top-Down Socks" by Wendy Johnson. Can't wait to get to the heel. It's done in a way I've never seen before.
Saturday was Derby Day. Lots of food and friends packed into the house (it rained all day) for the most exiting 2 minutes in sports. I still can't believe the favorite won. Just shows that I shouldn't ever bet on things because I like the underdogs and would lose all my money. Here's a shot of the famous burgoo:And the more famous Derby pie, before baking:


After baking:
So delicious. I was really good at snapping shots of the food and was trying so hard to talk to everyone that I didn't get out my camera to snap shots of all the people enjoying everything. Sigh. Maybe next year.


This morning, my nephews made a visit to the neighborhood. Mr. Mason is getting so big.
I took the Tomten over to show, and Elliott insisted on modelling for me.
Now, I just have to get the zipper I bought yesterday sewn in, and it's done. How crazy would that be? For me to finish 2 things in one week? Crazy.

3 comments:

Sourire11 said...

I didn't get to eat any burgoo or derby pie but yours look wonderful! I did drink a few Mint Juleps, though ;-)

Kate Jackson said...

Awesome bag! I bet you're glad that one's done!

The Tomten looks cool too- I think maybe Audrey needs one . . .

rarabecca said...

hey just fyi I linked to you from my site.