Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Slight Hitch

So, I've lost a little steam on the Smoking Hot Socks. I had ripped back to try to have enough yarn, and I ended up still not having enough. Grr.
See, just about done with the leg. All I had left was the ribbing.... and bam!
Just a few rows short of finishing the last square. The Knitting Fates are punishing me for working on a non-Christmas gift project. sigh. Now I have to decide what to do. Do I go out and hope that I can find another ball of this yarn (no, I don't want to buy another whole ball knowing that I'll have a bunch leftover with nothing to do with it) or do I use up some of the precious Trekking 100 I have that is very similar in colorway, but not yarn base?

Here's the issue with that plan, I have one sock done out of the Trekking, waiting for a mate. I don't usually run into second sock syndrome, but with the Cat Bordhi patterns I do (no more New Pathways socks for me!). I had planned on getting around to working up just a basic vanilla sock to go with the finished Trekking sock, but now I'm worried that if I use some of it to finish these socks, I'll run out on the vanilla sock, and then what will I do? You can stop laughing at me any time now Knitting Fates!

On to a happier project, I started this one Friday night after work, as I needed a no-brainer project.
Can you guess what it is? A Gingerbread House, out of crochet! I know, really hard to figure that one out. Is it sad that I'm moving into the realm of knitted/crocheted items for the home? Like the stereotypical grandma who crochets toilet paper covers? No? Good, I didn't think so (don't ruin the delusion for me).
See the sparkle for the snow drifts on the roof? Yeah, I thought it was a good idea too. So did Ellie - but that's not really surprising. When it's a question of sparkle or no, she will always vote for the bling. To keep this a happy project, we're not going to think about the number of ends there are to sew in. Nope, we're just gonna keep on working. We'll deal with the ends later.

So, update on the new gym, practices took place in there yesterday. Training room remains unavailable to me. I'm hoping that someone will let me in today, maybe. The kids were highly annoying with the "firsts" in the new gym. Every other second they were saying something about "first time anyone's picked their nose" or "first time anyone's picked a wedgie" I had to leave at one point. Maybe today they'll actually be able to practice without distraction. I did get to be the first person to knit in the new gym - woohoo!

No comments: