I love Sundays - the one day I try to make sure I don't have to work every week. Worked a bunch yesterday - hockey in the afternoon (shattered hamate was the big excitement, although I only found out it was indeed broken later on) followed by the first "home" game for the girls basketball team, and their last until January 9th - seems a little crazy to me that their next home game is more than a month away. I say "home" because we had to play it at the crappy college gym we used last year - much to my dismay. Everyone all week had been telling me it's not so bad, no big deal (no one else has to transport so much junk and worry about not having something that is needed) and then, at the game, everyone else started complaining about how horrible it was. The clock is bad, the horn is worse, the scorers table wasn't padded, the floor was dirty..... You get the picture.
But the girls won - pretty easily. JV did too - the other team didn't score until the second half. In the words of one of the JV coaches, "YIKES!" Hockey, btw, lost. This week should be interesting - practice is supposed to start in the new gym tomorrow. I took an illegal self-guided tour on Friday (I didn't have a hard hat or safety glasses on, but the janitors were in the building without them, so I figured it was alright) and am happy to report that the ice machine and whirlpool are now located in the new training room (rather than in the field house where they had been residing since they tore apart the old training room). Which means that this week, I should be able to start moving into the new room. Which will make life immensely easier. Yay! Of course, this means that we will be getting a snow storm very soon - I always seem to have to move training rooms in the snow, I think it's a rule.
That's all the excitement in my life right now. I need to head up and work on Christmas cards, and maybe some other things in the craft room. Seeing as they're not showing the Steelers game here, I really have no excuse not to. And I have a feeling that I'm going to be roped into helping my sister drag out her Christmas tree later tonight. Hmmm. Ours won't go up before next weekend - as it's not been retrieved yet. Doesn't really feel like it's 19 days away, I switched the blog skin the other day to try to get me more in the mood. Not really helping. Maybe the card crafting will....
On the knitting front, I can show you my new sock.
It was farther along the other day, but I was worried about running out of yarn, and it was too long in the foot, so I ripped back and shortened it. Need to turn the heel and work up the gusset. Then the fun part of the leg starts.I started another project this week, a Christmas present. But I won't tell you who for, or link to the pattern. Just show you the yellow blob.
Inspiring right? It's going to be really cute when it's done. Just need to sit down with it and get the fiddly part of dividing for the sleeves out of the way. Maybe tonight...
No comments:
Post a Comment