Thursday, August 16, 2007

The End is Near...

So near I can almost taste it. Ew, the end of 2-a-days does not taste good. It tastes of rotting pads, sweat, and mildewy gloves. Seriously bad. Everyone always asks me how I can stand to deal with the feet for my job, I don't have an issue with the feet. But the gloves... Yuck. I mean, if one of the guys hurts his thumb or hand or whatever and I have to palpate after they've taken it out of the glove, my hands and fingers reek of the gloves for at least 3 hand washings. It's so gross. But anyway, today is the last day of doubles!!! They scrimmage tomorrow night, under the lights (insert ooh's and aah's), and start school on Monday! So glad that it's almost over.

Can't say that my birthday was great - but I worked all day and didn't do anything afterwards, so considering that, it was good. Ellie came over with mini DQ ice cream cakes and a Hungry Howie's bacon cheddar cheeseburger pizza (so bad, but sooo good), and a promise of paying for my passport when I get around to applying for it as my present. Received a very cool digital photo frame that you can have a slideshow of your pictures on from Charlie, Rachel and Charlie 4, very excited to play with it this weekend. Charlie 4 called and sang "Happy Birthday" to me - so cute. Then he proceeded to talk very excitedly, but I'm not sure what about. He was very excited about the pre-schools he went to visit, and the fact that he went pee on the potty. So cute, breaks my heart that I don't get to see him more often. The Indians beat the Tigers - yay! Taped "So you think you can Dance?" and will watch that tonight before the finale. So all in all, not the worst birthday.

Knitting. Hmm, haven't gotten much done lately. Exhaustion has prevented most knitting capabilities. I've got about 8 inches of Mason's blanket done, and yesterday I got a few inches of the Peapod back done while at Knitting on the Square. Bought myself a birthday present while there, Interweave Press' Favorite Socks, I've been looking at it for a while, and it was on sale yesterday, and it was my birthday.... No socks until Peapod is done! Two of the ladies who were there knitting were working on baby blankets form the same book that Baby Sarah's blanket is from, and they both assured me that they work up very fast and are wonderful.

My camera is still broken. Geek Squad will look at it for $25 and then tell me what's wrong and how much it will cost - can we say rip off? Kodak.com says that the minimum it would cost to fix is $80 plus at least $50 to ship. Hmmmm, a new camera is looking better and better. Biggest paycheck of the year comes next week too.... We'll see.

No comments: