So it's raining. Amend that, it's thundering, which means that somewhere there is lightning. Which means that football cannot practice. Which means that I have spent the last hour getting caught up on my paperwork (surprisingly a whole bunch of injury reports for yesterday, surprising because we still haven't started hitting yet), and now I'm bored. Amazingly, there are no football players in my training room at the moment. So what else do I have to do but blog a little.
Not much to talk about. Made it to the festival Sunday night. Not too many people there because it rained. But Bridget, Chris and Kaylee came out. They had driven down to Dublin for the Irish Fest but it got shut down due to the rain down there so they come home early. Paul, Peggy and Elliott also came. I can't believe how big little man is getting! It's only been a few weeks since I've seen him, but he looks bigger and his face is starting to change. He's starting to lose that infant-ness of his face. Anyway, didn't win any money at the money jar - for the second year running. I'm starting to get a bit discouraged. But the ribs were really good, as always. And yay! Steelers beat the Saints in the first game of the year. Never mind if the starters only played one series, they still scored and the starters for the Saints didn't.
Finished the front of Peapod. Yippee! Cast on and started the ribbing for the back. Cast on for Mason's blanket on Sunday. I'd forgotten how fast worsted weight yarn on size 8 needles can go. It's been a long time since I've knit with anything bigger than size 2. But I'm really liking how it's coming out so far. Can't post any pics because my brother reads the blog and I like for gifts to be somewhat of a surprise. Plan on getting new yarn for Baby Jersey's blanket this week. (If a name has been chosen for Baby Jersey, could a Jerseyan please let me know, I feel bad continuing to just refer to her as Baby Jersey).
And here comes the weather warning... fun, flash flood warning. So maybe no practice at all today.....
1 comment:
Currently, Sarah Elizabeth is the leader in the clubhouse.
C3
Post a Comment