Saturday, August 4, 2007

It's too early..

Good Morning! And it definitely is morning. There's nothing better than an 8am football practice on a Saturday morning. No wait, it's better when you know it's going to get to 90 degrees on the field before 10am. Who doesn't love August in NE Ohio? We'll see how today goes, they get to add shoulder pads today. I have a feeling that I'll have at least one kid puking - as he's done both days already - hy should today be any different? Most of my order was delivered yesterday - yay!!!! Not too much of the stuff I was really hoping to get of course. All my tape came, which is great and all, but I've got plenty left over from last year. I need bandaids and blister pads. Hopefully the rest will come early in the week.

Made some headway with Peapod last night. Made it through the fourth repeat and half of the fifth. I forgot how fast it can go when you're decreasing and only working on half the number of stitches. I vow to finish the left front - evil evil evil left front - tonight. And move on to the easy peasy back section. Realized that I made an oops. Due to the lack of directions, and the fact that most of the time I'm an idiot (just ask my family they'll agree), the seven stitches that were supposed to be happily sitting on a stitch marker for almost the whole piece were actually knitted up as I went. I'm not really thinking that this is a huge deal. It was supposed to be knitted up after and then sewed to the edge, so I think I saved myself some sewing - which is good because it's definitely not one of my fortes. Those stitches are now happily sitting on the marker, due the decreases that had to take place. Maybe I'm just in denial, but I think it'll be okay. And if it's not, then this little cardigan is going to be burned in effigy. No wait, the yarn is way too nice to be burned. Maybe I'll burn the pages of the book that don't contain good directions. Yeah, that'll work.

No comments: