I can make no promises tonight that any of this will make sense, or be spelled right or anything like that. Felt the need to blog in order to give myself an excuse to get out of the craft room for a few minutes. Benn scrapping the last few hours and desperately needed a break, so here I am in blogland. Progress report: 4 more of the 12x12" pages are done, and two others are mostly done (just waiting picture placement once a couple more are printed and mounted tomorrow morning). I have to finish at least two more tonight in order not to be working down to the wire in the morning. It'll probably end that way anyway, but I'm trying.
Why isn't the book done you ask? Haven't I had a few months to get it done? Shouldn't I have been diligent this week and gotten more done before? Hmm... it's not done yet because I haven't particularly been inspired this week, don't know why, just haven't been. I know that I should have worked more on it over the last two months, but hindsight it 20/20, and I happen to be very myopic when looking anywhere but hind. And besides, anyone who knows me knows that I work best, even with the creative-type stuff, when under pressure. Tonight, I feel some pressure.
The basement waterproofers are finally done. Which means that Miss Maddie can finally start to de-spaz. Just for Ellie - "Spazzy cat, spazzy cat, what are they feeding you?" This also means the the washer and dryer are once again usable. So I've been doing laundry tonight as well. Almost done in fact. I haven't packed a thing and I"m less than 48 hours from the official start of my vacation. Once again, pressure.
No real knitting news to report. Cast on for Peggy's socks. I ended up going with just a basic stockinette sock, any pattern would've gotten lost with the hand-paintedness of the yarn. Love the yarn though. It's Lorna's Laces Sheperd Sock in Iris Garden, I have a feeling they're going to be gorgeous. Pictured eventually of course. I also stopped out at my aunt's library to check out they're selection of knitting books. Got a few in hopes of finding some baby blanket patterns, and found an excellent pattern that I'm going to make for Jersey niece. Possibly for Baby Perry too, if we find out it's a girl next week.
So I think that's enough procrastination. Back to the craft room and then bed. Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment