Alright, I have to admit something. I've had it pretty easy. I mean I picked up knitting quickly enough, had a nice ribbed scarf in a couple days, maybe a week. Didn't really have a problem with any of the other patterns I've done. Until this point the hardest thing I've done is fit the sleeves into the body of the Samus sweater - but that's technically not knitting, it's sewing/piecing. For the most part, the only reason I rip something out is because I don't like it, not because it's wrong, or I can't do it properly... Until last night. Last night taught me that maybe I have become a little bit obsessive and a tad bit scary. I attempted to start the "On-your-Toes socks" from the new issue of Interweave Knits. Aaarrrgghhh! The cast on of 8 - that's right I said EIGHT - stitches took more than an hour. The description in the magazine was horrible and then I kept losing a stitch somehow or other. Very frustrating. And Could I just put it down and look for another, easier, understandable pattern? Oh no, not me, not psycho obsessed perfectionist me. I had to get it right. So, I ended up staying up way too late, knitting this stupid sock. Should have been packing, could have been tidying my room, could have been sleeping so that I had the energy for my weekend with my gorgeous nephew. But no, I was knitting this:

The photos are not so good, I can't get the focus right for some reason, just one more thing not going right at the moment. So, began working on said nemesis sock somewhere around 9ish, and went to bed at 1 and that's all I've freaking got to show for it. Grrr. It's easy until I get to the heel at least, maybe I won't get to that this weekend. The plane ride isn't that long.
So very excited about my trip. Not just to see nephew and brother and sister-in-law, I get to ride the train!!!! Sorry, most people will think this a bit absurd, that I'm so excited about taking the train for the 15 min ride from the airport to Metuchen, but due to the fact that I absolutely love "The Amazing Race" and someday aspire to be on it, this is great. Anyway, must go, must pack and take things over to Ellie's and get to the bank, and go to work (groan) to set out ice and water for the track team to take with them later. Have a good Memorial Day weekend blogland!
No comments:
Post a Comment