Big weekend, starting tonight. Baseball is playing at Jacob's Field tonight. Guess who's going? Guess who's sitting in the dugout? Woohoo. Very excited. Just have to pretend that it's the Indians. Will take lots of pictures so that everyone can enjoy my view.
Tomorrow is party day!! No, not for Cinco de Mayo. It's the first Saturday of May, which as we all know means that it's Derby Day! Yay! This also means Derby Pie - one of the best desserts in the world. Right now, I'm going with Circular Quay to win - haven't seen any of the backstories though, so it could change. I'm a sucker for a good back story. Anyway, bunches of folks coming over for the festivities. Mint juleps and burgoo (sp?). Although I think I may make my drink into a mojito instead of the julep. I prefer the mojito and it is Cinco de Mayo after all. Gotta have a little Mexican-type something for the day.
Saw my handsome little nephew Elliott today. He and Paul were at my neighbor's to cut her grass, so I got to pop over for a brief visit before work. I can't believe how big little guy is getting. He's crawling all over the place and getting more teeth. They grow up sooo fast. But I can't complain too much, he's getting to the fun stages. Infancy isn't as much fun to me as that mobile-toddler stage is. Anyway, he's so cute and so big and just so huggable.
2 comments:
Annie,
Hope the trip to the Jake went well. Unfortunately, it seems like you are taking after your sister's favorite blogging trick - promise content (ie pix from the Jake) and then not deliver. Those of us who are not local are looking forward to keeping up with your exploits via the blog. It would be a fun contest to see who has the most posts in a month between my sisters. There could be a scoreboard on both blogs and everything - maybe it could replace the now defunct Geography Quizzes? Just my thoughts. Good luck with the blog. Talk to you soon.
C3
FYI-the geography quizzes are not defunct, just on hiatus until I can get a nic card. However, the blogging competition cannot start until my puter is fixed. Where's the jersey blog? or maybe a snapfish update?
Post a Comment